Ex-Pelagus rep now eyes newly-created Bukit Goram



KAPIT: Sarawak Workers Party (SWP) president Larry Sng has confirmed his interest in the new Bukit Goram constituency in the next state election.

The former Pelagus assemblyman stated this during a ‘Gong Xi Fa Cai’ buffet dinner at the residence of Kong Sien Siong near Jalan Bletih/Jalan Sungai Yong here on Thursday, which also hosted the villagers from Kampung Cina Bletih.

“Don’t doubt my sincerity – my mind is 100 per cent with the Kapit folk. My service has been continuous since the very first day I joined politics in 2011. Till today, I’m still the same Larry – although I’m no longer in the government, my service to you remains uninterrupted because I’ve you in my mind. I’d be very happy to be able to serve you within my means, if given the chance.

“In the coming election, I’m going to contest in Bukit Goram. I appeal to you to continue supporting me as you’d done before. Give me the chance to serve you,” he told those present.

Larry also said as far as Kampung Cina Bletih was concerned, he had worked very hard for the people there. He recalled the resettlement of villagers from what was known as KampungCina Oi Leong Sun near Jalan Airport here following the landslide tragedy that claimed four lives in 2007.

“It was through our efforts (in Sng’s capacity as the Assistant Minister in Chief Minister’s Department then), we managed to convince the Land and Survey Department to expedite the distribution of TOLs (Temporary Occupation of Land) in this area.

“Now, I’m very happy that the resettlement has become a good neighbourhood for the Chinese community – just next to a Malay community. I’m very happy to see that they are living in harmony with each other and also, to know that this was my work.

“Moreover, we also came up with aid for the villagers following the 2007 landslide. If I’m not mistaken, my family and mother-in-law raised RM100,000 – the proceeds from which were meant to help the people at that time.”

On this year’s Chinese New Year celebration, Sng regretted that he could not conduct his usual round of visits this time around.

“Due to time constraints, I could not pay any visit to the open house gatherings here, which is a pity because these events would allow me to meet everybody and share the festive joy.

“Still, I would want to take the opportunity to wish all of you good health, happiness, luck and prosperity in the years ahead,” he said.-THE BORNEO POST

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget