Bayoi adamant he’ll contest in Bukit Semuja

 

SERIAN: Former five-term assemblyman Datuk Frederick Bayoi Manggie will contest in the new Bukit Semuja seat ‘no matter what.’ In a telephone interview yesterday, the 73-year-old said he will give his all to stand in the constituency.

“I am ready for the biggest political battle of my life. I am mentally, physically and financially prepared to give my all to Bukit Semuja. I say, bring them on. The more the merrier, I have won five elections in a row, if I lose the last one, it means nothing to me, but if BN (Barisan Nasional) loses, it will know it has made a miscalculation,” he said.

On what party he will represent, Bayoi said the options are still open including contesting as an independent.

“I am free to choose. I can also choose to be an independent, but whatever it will be, I will be there in the thick of the action. I am bracing for the ultimate fight in the name of personal principle and respect,” he said.

A two-term assemblyman for Tarat and three-term assemblyman for Kedup, Bayoi quit Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) on Jan 14 saying he no longer felt he had a place in the party.

PBB is said to be considering at least four potential candidates including PBB Semuja pro tem committee chairman Gabriel Kajeh, PBB Youth vice-chief Stanley Sila and Alexander Ganyang – private secretary to Minister of Infrastructure Development and Communication Dato Sri Michael Manyin Jawong.

Fellow BN component party Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) has said that under the BN’s power sharing concept, SUPP is the next best BN component party to contest Bukit Semuja. Observers have said that five-term Serian Member of Parliament Datuk Seri Richard Riot’s influence in Bukit Semuja, one of three state seats under the parliamentary constituency, cannot be underestimated.-THE BORNEO POST

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget