Alan ready to defeat Lee in Senadin


MIRI: Piasau assemblyman Alan Ling is ready to contest against Datuk Lee Kim Shin in Senadin during the upcoming state election.

Ling, who is known as the Democratic Action Party’s (DAP) ‘giant killer’ because he defeated former deputy chief minister Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri Dr George Chan in the 2011 state election, said he has no problem with a seat change.

“It up to the party’s decision. If they choose to pick me to contest for the Senadin seat, I’m ready,” he told The Borneo Post yesterday.

Ling said he will be able to fight for the people in any constituency and is not worried about who he faces in the polls.

“I will abide with my party’s decision as to where I will be contesting in the three seats — Senadin, Pujut or Piasau,” he said.

“If I’m selected by my party to contest in Senadin, I will contest there. However, I would prefer to contest in Piasau.”

The state DAP secretary said this is because he is the incumbent in the constituency.

Ling joined the DAP in 2011 and won the Piasau seat at the age of 28 by a 1,590-vote majority.

For the Senadin seat, Lee defeated Parti Keadilan Rakyat’s Dr Michael Teo by a majority of just 58 votes.

He polled 7,334 votes while Dr Teo received 7,276 votes.-Borneo Post

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget